HoyaSaxa.com: Site Disclaimers
- This web site is designed for the information, promotion of, and support of Georgetown University athletics. This site is not the property of Georgetown University nor its Department of Athletics.
- Site hosted by HoyaSaxa.com, which is not responsible for content. HoyaSaxa.com is a service provided by and for Georgetown University alumni, and does not presume to speak for the University in any official capacity.
- Contents on this page and those pages within its subdirectories are under the editorial supervision of the site administrator; however, no ex parte responsibility for content from this page is intended or presupposed. We are not responsible for material linked to or from the site itself.
- Event schedules posted on these pages are subject to change at any time.
- The site is under no obligation to print or respond to responses e-mailed in and reserves the right to edit, truncate, append, or otherwise delete any messages posted to its message boards.
- These pages are not used for promotion of or solicitation for any businesses of any kind; i.e, you won't see any paid ads on the pages. See below for more information.
Photos, trademarks, images, icons, or logos of any kind found on these pages are the property of the owners of same and are used within a "fair use" provision of applicable copyright law. All rights reserved.
- The word "Hoyas" and the Georgetown bulldog ("Jack") are registered trademarks of Georgetown University.
- This site reserves the right to call opponents by their traditional nicknames, i.e, the St. John's Redmen, Syracuse Orangemen, Lehigh Engineers, Colgate Red Raiders, Marquette Warriors, U.S. Military Academy Cadets, etc.
- Links to other pages are done solely as a convenience and are not endorsed by this site. This site is not responsible for their content. If you find a site we have linked that is objectionable in some way, let us know.
- General information on these pages are under a variety of copyright protections. If you wish to use a portion of the text (especially the sports history sections), ask first. These sections have full copyright protection and rights are reserved.
- Opinions expressed on these pages are those of the individual(s) so named and/or posted. They do not reflect the opinion of, in any particular order, The Big East Conference, The Patriot League, The Eastern College Athletic Conference, The National Collegiate Athletic Association, The Georgetown University Alumni Association, Inc., the President and Directors of Georgetown College for Georgetown University, the Society of Jesus, or anyone else, for that matter.
If you or your organization would like to link your site from these pages and vice versa, some guidelines. We will only post links to sites that are relevant to the pages, generally in this order:
- Related to Georgetown University;
- Related to the Big East, Patriot League, and/or its member schools;
- Related to NCAA-sponsored college football or basketball; and
- Related to collegiate sports in general.
- It may be a great page to read but if it does not meet any of these categories it is not going to be linked to this site.
- We do not provide links to any sites that directly promote sports gambling, handicapping, or 900 numbers which do the same.
- We do not link to sites which solicit student-athletes.
- We accept links from free sites. If your organization charges a fee to access your site, it will generally not be linked. However, if your site is free to view but which offers items for sale (ie, "premium" sites, newsletter information, T-shirts, etc.), these will be judged on a case by case basis.
- Links (ours and yours) are subject to change at any time.
- If you have a relevant site from which our site can post a link to it, send us an E-mail describing your site, its title, its URL (web address) and its purpose. We may post a link but, of course, are under no responsibility to do so. (Conversely, neither are you.)
- If you would like to link this page on your site, let us know and most cases it will not be a problem. We reserve the right not to be linked to pages in whose content is judged inappropriate or otherwise objectionable. This is usually not a problem in sports-related sites, however.
- Location of links on main or subsidiary pages is at our sole discretion.
- This site does not accept paid or bartered advertisements of any kind. Any notations, links or icons to commercial sites are done solely at our discretion. Other sites that link to this page (i.e., HoyaTalk) may have advertisements and that is their responsibility, not ours.
- And as they say say in the sweepstakes rules, the decision of the judges is final.